SO YOU WANNA PLAY BUZZBIN HUH?
Here is what you NEED to READ about how we book, what we book, what the pay is etc...
1. Will you book my neo gothic free jazz experimental band from Bangor Maine? We book just about anything if we like it. We tend to lean towards punk, weirdo metal stuff, noise rock, alt-country, psychobilly, doom etc. WE DO NOT BOOK HIP HOP OR RAP MUSIC. DON'T EVEN ASK.
2. What's the lowdown on pay? Bands get all of the money that is made at the door to split up between them. We almost always charge a $5 door charge. We used to do free shows but due to Covid and the restrictions resulting from it we cannot afford to do so anymore. Bands are responsible for providing a door person. If a door person is not provided then the show will be free and the bands will not receive any money. We will provide wristbands, and all attendees need to have them. No exceptions. Almost all of our shows are 21 and over. We do make exceptions occasionally but this needs planned ahead of time. Buzzbin has always been about getting good bands in here from all over the world and giving them an opportunity to rock out in front a of a different crowd. Week-nights are generally very slow. If you are touring through and you need to book a week-night please try and look for a good local to play with you. We can usually guarantee a few bucks at the door and some beer depending on how well the bar does that evening. Payout happens at the end of the night after the last band has played. If you do not stay then you will not get paid. Please be aware - YOU are not going to get rich playing at Buzzbin, but we offer a cool atmosphere, awesome stage, and an opportunity to expose your music to new people. I cannot STRESS enough - if you are a touring band, or an out-of-towner, we will require that you find a local band to play with you to help with the draw... otherwise this place will probably be a ghost town. And when I say local - I mean Canton/ Akron area not Cleveland or Youngstown.
4. I heard you guys have multiple areas to put on shows? We have two stages basically. Main stage, Outside Stage. Outside stage is reserved for larger shows and events. Main stage for most weekend shows and weekday stuff.
5. Do we need to bring our p.a. and soundman? No. We provide a p.a. and a soundman at not additional cost to the bands on the main stage. However YOU will need to provide your own door man.
6. What can we do to help promote our show? EVERYTHING HELPS! Bring us posters, send us posters, sharing the Facebook event is cool, but if you really wanna make an impact and have a great show in Canton then you need to do just a bit more than a Facebook event page.
7. This all sounds awesome to me! How can I book a show? Send us a message to email@example.com with some dates you are interested in, links to your facebook and music etc.